Chilled Water / Hot Water / Electric Heat Air Handling Units 2 THROUGH 20 TONS HORIZONTAL DOUBLE WALL
- Unit Cabinet, Optional 1” double wall construction fabricated from a minimum of 18 gauge LFQ (lock forming quality) galvanized steel outer panels and a minimum 24 gauge inner liner fabricated from galvanized steel. Post and panel construction allows for large access panels to permit full access to internal components. The structural integrity of the cabinets remain unaffected by the removal of any or all access panels.
- Insulation is a blanket-type made from glass fibers bonded with a thermosetting resin. Insulation shall be 1 inch, one and-onehalf pound density providing effective acoustical and thermal control, fire safety, and resistance to air erosion. In addition to a water-based adhesive, insulation is fastened to cabinet with mechanical fasteners. This insulation meets the requirements of ASTM C 1071, ASTM G 21, ASTM G22, NFPA 90A and UL-181.
- Coils are 1/2 inch staggered tube type construction with seamless copper tubes and headers, and deep corrugated aluminum fins with straight edges. Fins are manufactured with full depth collars, drawn in the fin stock to provide accurate control of fin spacing and completely cover the copper tubes to lengthen coil life. The tubes are mechanically expanded into the fins for a permanent primary to secondary surface bond, assuring maximum heat transfer efficiency. The coils are to be tested at 350 pounds air pressure for operation at 300 PSI gauge working pressure.
- Drain pans are made from an UL94-5V rated, rigid PVC material with a three-way slope for positive drainage.
- Fan Wheels are double width, double inlet (DWDI), forward curved, centrifugal type. They are statically and dynamically balanced for smooth, quiet operation. The Class I housing is constructed of heavy gauge steel with die-formed inlet cones.
- Motors and Drives: Belt drive motors are standard duty, 1725 RPM, open, drip-proof construction. Single phase and most three phase motors are resilient mount with automatic reset thermal protection. Motor sheaves are variable pitch, cast iron with a splittapered hub. Blower and Motor mounting platform is constructed from 12 gauge LFQ (lock forming quality) galvanized steel. Platform is mounted to cabinet support rails with rubber in compression isolators for quiet vibration free operation. Blower exits cabinet through rubber-isolated frame.
- Filter Section includes 2” pleated Merv 7 disposable type fiberglass filters. The 2” filter section is an integral part of the cabinet with easy tool free access.